Caroline is a professional portrait painter, working from her London studio. She completed three intensive years of training in the sight-size technique under Charles Cecil in Florence, Italy followed by a BA in Fine Art. Since returning almost ten years ago, Caroline has been undertaking varied work, receiving many awards. Caroline has had solo shows in London and Brussels, while her work hangs on the walls of private collections around the world. She has sat on the Council for the Society of Women Artists since 2009.
Caroline generally works by commission and is well known for achieving life like resemblances, having painted many notable sitters from television reality stars to racing drivers. In 2013 she was commissioned by Halcyon Days to draw Lady Thatcher and in 2012 HM The Queen and HRH Duke of Edinburgh for their Diamond Jubilee Charcoal collection. Caroline also drew the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for Halcyon Days’ Royal Commemorative Box. A few years ago she painted Lord Michael Grade for an Old Stoic Exhibition at Clarendon Fine Art, Mayfair. Caroline has also painted; Luke Donald, the former world’s number one golfer, for Beaconsfield Golf Club, Angela Rippon for the Lady Taverners, Francis Boulle on ‘Made in Chelsea’ and BTCC racing driver Tom Chilton. Military commissions include Lt Dougie Dalzell, MC (portrait commissioned by the 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards after he was killed in action in 2010 in Afghanistan) followed by a couple of posthumous portraits for the Household Cavalry. After recently living in Italy again and having her first child there, she is once again enjoying London life and is exploring a new area of work - Baby Portraiture.
Aside from commissioned work, Caroline has spent the last few years founding and painting large scale life size works for her project ‘WARpaint’, raising funds for charities supporting Service veterans and serving personnel living with the often devastating and life-changing effects of war. This “on-going innovative and vibrant project”, supported by many notable corporate organisations in London and the UK, has raised over £80k so far. For Caroline it has been incredibly rewarding and insightful, meeting people who have had their lives affected, yet often changed for the better, despite their significant injuries. She relishes working on such a scale and telling a story through painting.
Caroline's interest in depicting faces from other countries and cultures takes up wall space in her studio too. Travelling widely with her easel and paints, she has a particular love for the colours of Africa, and the warmth of the people she encounters. In the future she plans on painting pieces from a trip last year to Papua New Guinea.
"With an eye which seeks out from the world around her rich, complex shades, lights, luxuriant textures, and a brush which imprints these exuberantly onto canvas, Caroline has accumulated an unique collection of studies from diverse locations. Caroline's work is driven by determination and intense curiosity. In every setting she achieves trust through her ability to relate intuitively and with warmth to her subjects, though they might be of an alien culture. Caroline's palpable interest, kindness and sympathy are the key to her ability to cross cultural barriers. I suspect that this fascinating entry into a wider world of portraiture and landscape painting is just the beginning." Dr Adrian Wilson, Visiting Professor of Medicine, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, and Chairman Conservation Zambezi
2008-2010 BA Fine Art Practice
2005-2008 Charles H. Cecil Studios, Florence, Italy
2004-2005 Oxford Brookes BTEC Foundation
2002-2004 Stowe School
Johnson Beharry VC
Lord Michael Grade
- Society of Women Arists, Mall Galleries 2009-2017
- Private residence exhibition, Rue aux Laines, Brusses, 2016
- 'The Artist Magazine' Editors Choice Award, SWA 2016
- Solo Show, Gallery 54, Mayfair. Faces and Places: Rajasthan and Southern Africa, 2015
- The Worshipful Company of Painter-Stainers' Prize, presented at The Armed Forces Art Society Annual exhibition 2015
- Style for Soldiers Christmas Party, Spencer House, Mayfair 2014
- Old Stoic Fine Art Exhibition, Clarendon Fine Art, Mayfair 2014
- Thames Festival Exhibition, Pump House Gallery 2013
- Chelsea Arts Society, Chelsea Old Town Hall 2013, 2015
- Archer Gallery, Bethnal Green Road 2013
- Solo Exhibition, Hollywood Rd Gallery 2011
- PWC Annual Dinner Auction 2011
- Savoy NSPCC Annual Dinner auction 2010
- The Vision Charity Annual Ball, The Grosvenor Hotel 2010
- Sue Coombs Portraiture Award 2010, presented by HRH Princess Michael of Kent with SWA.
- NADFAS Award 2010 for outstanding work, presented locally in Bucks by the founding body
- Caron Keating Art Award 2009, presented by Gloria Hunniford, Mall Galleries
- Art for Youth, Mall Galleries 2009
- Bucks Open Studios June 2009
- 21 Woodstock Street, 2011
- Will to Win Auction in aid of Motor Neurons Disease July 2009
- Ferrari Event, Hertfordshire 2009-2011
- Three Shires Ferrari meeting 2009
- Art for Youth, Mall Galleries 2008
- Candidate for Bulldog Bursary Prize, Royal Society of Portrait Painters 2008
- The Petersham Hotel, Richmond 2008
- Buckinghamshire Art Society Exhibitions 2008 - 2011
- Council Member of The Society of Women Artists